|As we celebrate our 15th anniversary, we are turning our focus to new areas of research that will help inform sexual orientation and gender identity law and public policy, including:
- Analyzing the impact of state non-discrimination laws in the South, Midwest, and Mountain states;
- Researching the needs of some of the most vulnerable segments of the LGBT community, including youth, the poor, and transgender people;
- Addressing criminal justice issues, including harassment by law enforcement against LGBT people and HIV criminalization; and
- Expanding our international programs to help LGBT people around the world.
We want to hear your thoughts on the plans we’re making, as well as the research questions and law and policy issues that are important to you.
Join us for a webinar on
What’s Next for the Williams Institute.
Friday, December 11, 2015
9 a.m. PT / Noon ET
Williams Institute experts and scholars will present some of the new areas of research we are exploring. Registered participants will be invited to take a survey prior to the webinar and provide feedback during the discussion. Speakers will include:
- Christy Mallory, Senior Counsel – Discrimination Protections
- Ilan Meyer, Williams Distinguished Senior Scholar of Public Policy – Elderly, Life Cycle Research
- Adam Romero, Senior Counsel – Criminal Justice
- M.V. Lee Badgett, Williams Distinguished Scholar – Poverty
- Jody Herman, Scholar of Public Policy – Transgender Research
- Andrew Park, International Program Director – International Research
We’re looking forward to the next 15 years of research that matters.